In my last Pinterest post, The Business Interest in Pinterest, I gave you benefits for being on Pinterest. You got excited, you joined the rave, secured your business name, created your boards, pinned a few products and services, and followed some friends. Now what? Aside from a new addiction of recipes and redecorating ideas, how do you generate more interest in ummm… your business?
1. Follow Back Your New Followers. Like Twitter, this seems like an obvious social rule of etiquette. However based on your notification settings, quite a lot of people can start following one or more of your boards without you know it. The quick and easiest way to check and follow back is: 1) click on your name, 2) click “followers” and then click “follow” on the ones highlighted in red (see below).
2. Daily Pin One New Item & Link It Back to Your Website. One of the greatest advantages of Pinterest is it gets you followers you don’t know. All new pins you create are advertised briefly on the “Everything” board when you start Pinterest. Thus each new pin is exposed to potentially hundreds of new followers. It is for this reason you should not pin everything at once. Space out and make sure each new link leads back to your website.
3. Re-Pin, Like, & Comment on Other Associated Businesses. Followers like followers that talk, re-pin, and “Like” things. Be actively engaged a little each day that you visit your Pinterest account.
4. Weekly Pin onto Your Existing Boards. You should delete boards you are not using and start with at least nine items on each board. However, once you have been live a week, slowing add a new pin to old boards each week. Each new pin on an old board also sends notification out to those following you as well.
5. Monthly Create New Boards. Much like the previous tip, when you go create new boards it notifies those that follow everything. New information refreshes ideas. Speaking of tips, a blog board that links back to your company’s information is another excellent idea to increase SEO and exposure.
Follow me on Pinterest at: http://pinterest.com/fredcamposjr/
How do you increase interest in Pinterest? What’s your favorite tip for using Pinterest?