The mostly suburban area known as HEB (Hurst, Euless, Bedford) and surrounding towns might surprise you with its culturally rich range of food offerings! With eateries as diverse as the people that call this region home, there may be one or two you haven't tried yet. So on your next foodie adventure, why not give one of these places a try?
1. Saviano's - 300 N Main St Euless
If you love Italian food with a family-owned flair, look no further. Their garlic knots are to die for (we like extra garlic); baked pasta dishes come out steaming with enough to share or take home leftovers. Fridays and Saturday nights are packed. Sad news: They are closed on SUNDAYS.
2. Miguelito's is at 209 W. Bedford Euless Rd., Hurst
In town for 20 years, Miguelito's is a go-to for classic Mexican dishes close to home. Visit for happy hour nightly where you can enjoy specials on food and drinks, plus karaoke on Saturday nights. There always seems to be a Groupon (aff) running for them if you haven't tried them yet and want to save some bucks.
3. Ramen Joy - 2500 Hwy 121 Bedford, TX 76021
It's been a long-awaited opening, but they now make their new home off 121 in a revamped Taco Bell building, it's time to spoon up something tasty this winter. They also feature rice and noodle dishes if soups aren't your thing.
4. Ana's Island Grill- 603 N Main St Euless
Serving up authentic and yummy hard-to-find Hawaiian food right here in the HEB area, Ana's will satisfy your Poke cravings. Not to be confused with...
5. ... Anna's Kitchen in Colleyville
Serving up a large menu of seafood specials and traditional Mexican dishes. The Sunday Brunch platters are around $9.
6. Filipiniana's Bake Shop and Cafe serves up the midcities area's only authentic Filipino savory entrees and hand-crafted baked goods like Lumpiang Shanghai, or if you're feeling adventurous, how about Kare Kare: beef oxtail, tripe and vegetables in peanut gravy! Call to check on the day's open hours.
7. Lava 10 at 401 TX-114, Grapevine
Want to break up that drive home with a quick sushi roll and cocktail? Located right off 114, Lava 10 has happy hour specials on rolls and drinks from 4-10pm Mon-Thur. The Shaggy Dog roll looks like a tasty treat (but no dogs allowed, sorry!).
8. From Across the Pond 8000 Bedford Euless Rd, N Richland Hills
Boasting the most extensive Gluten-free menu in Texas, including GF Fish and chips, Shepherds Pie, Beef Stew, Burgers, Sandwiches, and Desserts, it's also a highly reviewed taste of Britain. They're doing poker on Tuesday nights as of January 2018. Scotch eggs? Yes, please!
9. Yori Asian Fusion - You won't have to travel all the way to Dallas and beyond for a taste of Asian that includes Korean! Right off of Harwood in Hurst, Yori has an extensive array of dishes. You can BYOB, and they even deliver exotic fare such as Bibimbap, Kimchi Salad, Udon and Bulgogi Bento lunches.
10. Judge Beans - 314 N. Main Street, Keller
Modeled as a tribute to the curmudgeonly Judge Bean, this old-timey cafe is a delightful mix of western and tex-mex. Feeling brave? Accept the Judge Beans challenge: A 5lb. monster called The Big Texas Party Burger. It includes 3lbs. of meat & 2lbs. of fixins. Served with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles & mustard or mayo. If you can eat this monster in an hour; the Judge buys it! May want to take some Rolaids with you.
11. Big Daddy's Ship Store 2500 Oak Grove Loop S #200, Grapevine
Serving up tasty treats like Fried Gouda or Chili Cheese dogs daily on their deck you don't need a boat to enjoy Lake Grapevine. Date night? Check out their Friday and Saturday night specials like Grilled Lambchops or Coconut Curry Mussels. Check their Facebook page for special winter hours.
12. Cuco's Sandwich Shop at 6650 Glenview Dr, North Richland Hills doesn't seem to have a site or fb that's been updated in a while, but people keep stacking up the good reviews! Family-run Cuban sandwich shop, so if you go searching for it, you can't miss the charming pink and blue building. Variety of their signature dishes include Picadillo plate and sides like Yucca Croquettes.
13. Rosako's Soul Food and BBQ off Brown Trail in Bedford is always selling out his signature slabs of ribs, brisket, and something called the Thanksgiving 365 - a "sandwich" of turkey and stuffing pressed into a waffle iron! He can be found cooking up new comfort foods and was even on Guy Fieri's Grocery Games! Rosako is a Bedford food celebrity! Oh, and there's a new patio for you outdoorsy types.
Life is too short, and I'm Italian. I'd much rather eat pasta
and drink wine than be a size 0.
14. Bun N Pita - 1548 Bedford Rd, Suite U, Bedford
Bun N Pita is committed to serving up New York Style Cart Food with a mediterranean flavor. On the menu: Chicken Kebab Paratha Roll or a Mixed Chicken and Gyro Salad, and a daily lunch special.
15. Two Sisters Restaurant - 417 Bedford Euless Rd, Hurst
Considered an old-school, roadside institution preparing po’ boys & other down-to-earth Cajun & Creole standards like Boudain Balls, Gator Tails and Pasta Mardi Gras. the entrees like N'Awlins Creole pasta could be worth a lunch hour visit.
16. Papaya Garden - 1201 Airport Fwy, #100, Euless
A long-standing Asian food fixture in this shopping area of Euless, Thai Papaya offers a gourmet vegan buffet the first Sunday of every month, plus Gluten-free and a Vegetarian Menu daily.
17. Tacoburger is an unassuming little walkup that took over a snowcone hut off Brown trail in Bedford, but it's getting rave reviews on Nextdoor. Woman-owned and operated, she's cooking up tacos, tortas, burgers, shakes and more. (Call ahead for a shorter wait, since she's a one-woman band right now.) (817) 285-1730
18. Need a bit of craft coffee off the beaten path as you head through Euless to work? You may be amused by Society Coffee's shared space in an Exxon gas station off main street! It's a simple but power-packed to-go coffee menu with lattes, nitrous-on-tap and kombucha-on-tap too.
19. I Heart Muffins - 181 W Harwood Rd, Hurst
A dedicated gluten-free bakery offers a rotating menu of pies, cookies, pizza crusts, bread, cookies & cupcakes. They even feature paleo, egg-free or dairy-free options. Call and find out what's in the case—they might have one of your favorites.
20. Al Wadi - Lebanese, Greek and even Italian option are cooking up at their Brown Trail restaurant. They've maintained a lunch buffet several days of the week for years. There's a specialty grocer next door if you want to make your own but you may be better off trying their Dolmas, Shawarma, and Kebob in-house.
21. If you're ready to plan a fancy dinner out for a special occasion without going all the way to downtown Fort Worth, Bizzi's Bistro and Wine Bar is an upscale dining experience in the heart of Bedford. With Brie en Croute, Charcuterie Plates as starters and Beef Wellington ($24) or Apple-Prosciutto Stuffed Quail ($30) as amazing entrees, you can count on a luxurious dinner there with a nice glass of wine.
There you have it! 21 off-the-beaten-path—or diet-friendly or "exotic" or remarkable— and tasty places to eat in the mid-cities area. Try one or try them all! Did we leave one of your favorites out? Comment here and share your best restaurants.