Featured image courtesy of Pixabay
Happy Sunday, Foodies! Here is your March 20 recap of our Twitter #BrunchShoutOut from 11a til noon, where we spotlight some of the area’s highly reviewed and well-loved restaurants that are offering awesome breakfast and brunch. We have a LOT of dining event giveaways for March and April, so if I seem a little excitable, that’s why! (!!) Come on in — the eatin’s fine!
Here is our quick and dirty list of restaurants we chose for this week’s brunch shout-out.
- BuzzBrews – 4.5 locations, all Dallas. I’ve always loved their Build-Your-Own Crepes. Basically if there was a restaurant that embodied the brunch lifestyle, this is it: 24 hours of breakfast food and booze. Rock on.
- Chef Blythe’s Southern Bistro in North Richland Hills has some pretty incredible southern-inspired dishes. Deep fried deviled eggs, goulash, gravy-fied everything. They are having a fundraiser this Wednesday to support Officer Pearce who was wounded in the line of duty. (Note: on Twitter, I confused this location as being owned by Chef Blythe Beck, chef and proprietor of Pink Magnolia in Oak Cliff. It isn’t, and who knew there would be so many Chef Blythes? Totally my bad. She was a good sport, natch.)
- Victor’s Restaurant & Bar has a nice selection of brunch items in Carrollton. I’ve never been, but I’d eat the heck out of their buttermilk fried chicken.
- Cane Rosso not only serves great pizza, they have a soft heart for pets. Tomorrow, Mon March 21, they are holding a fundraiser to support the SE Texas ASPCA/Humane Society that suffered heartbreaking puppy losses after a fire.
- Steve’s Lounge in Plano offers up a nice (pricey) selection of seafood. Also open for Easter Brunch!
- Meddlesome Moth is winning awards with their food. This is next on our list to try. Have you been? Tell us what it’s like, with pics of course — gotta have that foooood.
- Check out our writeup on Crossroads Diner – a huge selection of breakfast and lunch fare at their new location at Preston and Campbell in Dallas. Lots of tables and space so if you aren’t cooking for Easter Brunch, this could be your place. The tostadas and waffles are boss!
Giveaway Sponsor: FW Food + Wine Festival
The Fort Worth Food + Wine Festival is going to be AH-MAZING! One of our subscriber-only giveaways is the Rise + Dine Brunch Inspired Event at the Pier 1 building in downtown Fort Worth on April 2 (free lot parking!). Sign up to receive our occasional newsletter and you’ll be entered to win two tickets! Don’t want to risk missing out? Buy your tickets here.
Last week on Twitter, Jennifer P. won the 2 tickets to the FW Food + Wine Festival Sunday Funday Family Picnic on April 3 ($100 value, yo). If she can do it, so can you! Link over and give us one teeny tiny little email for your entry.
What are some of your favorite brunch places or events in the DFWd area? Tell us in the comments below! Thanks!