So technically the April Fool’s was last weekend because I got caught up in Easter festivities and didn’t do a #brunchshoutout on Twitter nor did I manage to do an entry here. Did you miss me?
So there has been some SERIOUS brunch action this spring. As you may have read in this week’s Weekend Whirlwind, Jennifer P. (Sunday Picnic) and Brian P. (Rise + Dine) are winners in our Fort Worth Food + Wine Festival ticket giveaway.
SO. Brunchy Food action.
- I’m hearing amazing things about Tex Tapas in Denton. Apparently they closed for a little while and people lost their minds. According to Denton, Dallas & Beyond, the food will make you cry with joy. This demands further research, and I’ll take one for the team.
- Julia Pearl’s Southern Cuisine has a small but powerful-looking brunch menu. It’s hard to deny that a brunch platter with brisket, eggs, toast and bacon gravy could make a grown (wo)man cry.
- At the FWFWF Rise + Dine Brunch Inspired event today, I tried a couple delicious things. A “bruschetta” of French bread, BUTTER, sea salt, and some delicately flavored sliced ham from Black Rooster Bakery. I went back for another and they were already out.
- The Quail Egg Benedict from Local Kitchen in FW did the samples up right. Handmade guac and a slice of bacon. I think the hollandaise had a little chipotle kick, too.
- Are you in or near Irving? There’s an active Facebook group called A Taste of Irving and the members are very forthcoming with their favorite restaurants and dishes. They are talking about a get-together soon. Naima suggested Biryani Kabab buffet.
Are you a foodie and like to write about food? Need an up-and-coming home for your writing? Look no further. Email us even if you don’t write but love to take food pics while you’re out and about.
Brunch ShoutOut Giveaway
Venue and Bedford party rentals & venue Aladdin Rentals & Events is putting all their cards on the table. Well, one anyway: a $25 gift card to Central Market. It’s even in the cute little brown paper bag! Leave a comment here and a winner will be chosen Thursday, April 7, at noon. (Be sure to Like their FB page.)
Look for an email from funcitystuff.com so you don’t miss our emails. We will also be taking entries from Twitter.
Disclosure: Fort Worth Food + Wine Festival gave us passes to give away and invited us to attend as a media comp. Unless stated, no other org or company incentivized us to talk about their stuff in this post.